CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Altered Altoid: Mini-Prayer Journal Album

The glitter glue on the front of this altered box is still wet, but I loved the 
finished product SO Much I had to publish today,

I accidentally stumbled on this Altoid mini-album. If you follow me at all you now how much I love altered tins and boxes.  I never throw small containers away and 
I've even taken to asking people to save their containers for me!

I decided this would be a pocket prayer journal.  Start with a clean empty Altoid container or a container of your choice.  Trace the top of the continer on the WRONG side of you DSP so no pencil lines show.  Cut out 3 of these.  


Next, Cut 11 2 x 3.5 base "cards" which will be the foundation pages of your mini-album, I rounded the corners using the corner punch.  Any coordinating color will work.  I used Very Vanilla but you could use colored card-stock or alternating colors.

Lay them our with about 1/8 inch between 5 cards and 2 1/4 inch between the last card.


Cut 2 lengths of 15 inches of coordinating ribbon.

Lay out 6 cards and adhere the ribbon to the top and bottom of the cards.  I used sticky strips AND stapled alternating top and bottom ribbons for additional security.  You will have to cover the staples IF you don't want them to show or you could incorporate them into your page.  You could also sew the ribbon to the card-stock for some added interest.
Repeat with the 2nd ribbon

Next adhere the other cards to cover the ribbon.  I used tombow to assure a good seal.

Note that ONE card was NOT covered.  This will be placed ribbon side down on the interior of the container.  This example shows 6 plus one (but it was too thick with all my embellishments so I recommend you use only 11 cards--5 sets and one base)


Begin decorating the cards-both sides.  I used leftover pieces of Designer Series Paper.  This was a great project to use up small pieces of DSP since I NEVER throw anything away.  I used a flower punch from Michael's, the Banner punch, glitter glue (also from Michael's) and buttons.
I made 11  cards.




Scallop and Oval Punch

Banner Punch







This is what is seen when you open the box

Fold the pages accordion style 

I used assorted stamp sets I had on hand and suggest that you COULD use Blessed by God, Trust God, Chalk Talk, Label Love, Perfect Pennants, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Four Frames, And Many More, That's the Ticket, Really Good Greetings, Thoughts and Prayers, For your Country  or Petite Pairs,   Stamps sets used are dependant on the type of box you are making...

This could be altered for Birthday, New Baby, Weddings, Sympathy Graduations, Military etc.  The idea is limited only by your imagination!  Check back for other samples

 Here's the finished product.  



This was my inspiration.  I have altered the dimensions as they did not fit my Altiod container properly.  http://scrappingservant.blogspot.com/2010/05/altoid-tin-mini-album.html

Check back for more altered Boxes.  
Happy Stampin'
Diana



0 comments:

Post a Comment