CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Altered Laughing Cow Cheese Box

I never throw any container away because I might get inspired to make something with it!  I'm so thankful I saved this Laughing Cow box because I made a beautiful gift set with it.  


I used the Stampin' Up Framelit circle dies that best matched the top and bottom of the container and cut from some heavy duty (non SU) card stock.  
This box is very lightweight/flimsy so I felt a stiffer card-stock was in order.  

I attached the card-stock to the top and bottom using my Tombow glue.  Set aside and allow to dry.

Next I used the remaining card-stock to cut out leaves to give a 3D appearance to the top of my box.  You could cut leaves out of any card-stock you have laying around.  
THe paper flowers were made by tearing a circle from coordinating card stock and then starting at the outer edge, tear into a spiral. Toll the spiral around a pencil tip and secure with glue.  Add a pearl embellishment or glitter glue.  

This is the Top of the finished box.  Leaves were "curled around a pencil to give some height 
and attached using dimensionals.  I just kept adding leaves until I liked the look.  

Add ribbon to decorate the side

Then I used the largest scalloped Circle framelits to create the cards.  Use 1/2 sheet of card stock, folded in half and cut the card base.  
Then use a smaller circle to cut 4 circles from your decorative paper.

THIS CARD ends up being TOO large to fit in the box but I wanted the SCALLOPED edge for my cards and I will use the box to hold a pair of earrings made with coordinating beads.  The next card set I make will fit in the box!  

Decorate each card with embellishments of your choice.
I cut leaves and flowers from the card stock.,  I dyed the flowers by rubbing them on a stamp pad to change them from ecru to lavender.  




Viola!  A beautiful Gift Set 



Happy Stampin!
Diana




0 comments:

Post a Comment