CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 7, 2014

Go Baby Go!

The first Saturday in May is very special here in Kentucky because it is the date we always run the Kentucky Derby-the fastest, most exciting 2 minutes in sports.  The Derby, is the first leg of the triple crown of racing (Preakness and Belmont) for 3 year olds thoroughbred racehorses.

To honor that event I created a card using punches to create a horse.  
Punch 2 extra-large ovals, 4 large ovals out of the body color of your choice.  
Cut 4 "ends" of the oval for the hooves.
I cur the body using the oval framelits.
I hand cut the bridle and the mane is made using a flower punch-Boho Blossoms.  
The fence is made using the modern label punch.
The background is embossed using the Square Lattice folder.
The eyes and nostrils are made with the Owl punch.  
I used plenty of dimensionasl to give this some depth.  
I would have used the new scissors to make the grass but it is on BACK ORDER!--so I just cut, cut cut
Flowers are a punch from Michaels.

This would make a cute party invitation or thank you for a party we're invited to, 

I just love this Card and think I will name my pony-Glenngary (after my Dad and Husband)
Happy Stampin!


0 comments:

Post a Comment