CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Bee-Lieve

We will run the Kentucky Derby Mini-Marathon this Saturday, April 19th
Our Coach-Dee was stung by a bee while training several years ago and incorporated that event into her training strategy--Bee-Lieve

This card was made to thank Her (and Julie) for their dedication and inspiration to our running club.


The body of the bee is made by using the ornament punch.  Punch one black and one yellow.  I trimmed the yellow into stripes and glued using the Tombow.  
The head is the 1/4 inch round punch (one was embossed with dots and I really liked this look).  
The antennae were made by taking a very thin strip of black, cutting it down the middle and rolling around a pencil point.  
The wings are made using the oval punch with patterned vellum.  
I had the octagonal stamp (frequently use it with Chicken Motif cards)

I used my computer to type the words and each 8 1/2 X 11 piece of card stock made 4 card bases.  
I might be inclined to distress the bee body and wings with basic black in future versions of this card.  

THis card was made using So Saffron as the top layer while the other card used So Saffron as the card base
I like them both.  

Check back to see how long it took me to run 13.1 miles!  
My goal is to complete it in under 2 hours 45 minutes
Happy Stampin' (and Running)

0 comments:

Post a Comment