CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Junque

 I collect Junque, which is a higher class of junk than most junk!  I have a hard time throwing stuff away because it might be able to be used in a new project.  To that end, you might call me a hoarder and I am sure my dear husband would agree (he complains about the basement all the time and rightfully so).  It is filled with beads, fabric, yarn, cardboard, broken pottery and jewelry not to mention some leftover furniture and clothing items!

This is a WINE Server that sits in my kitchen made from Junque broken pottery :


This wine cooler is created from a terracotta wine cooler that I have overlaid with broken bits of pottery and some "gem stones".  I glued the pottery pieces to the base using e-6000 and allowed to dry.  Then I filled in the holes using grout (follow the package directions).  I also decorated a plant pot RIM using the same process.  Next time I will have LESS grout between my pieces of broken pottery.

This was also a good stress reducing process, because lacking tile cutters, I SMASHED the pottery with a hammer!  Be sure to wear protective goggles and  place the piece to be broken in a box to.  Then, cover your piece with a towel to contain any random small pieces of glass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment