CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 9, 2013

Cable Knits

I love fall and am gearing up for an event that my Church hosts-Renewal of the Heart.  This event is held 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, on a Thursday night and includes a high tea, boutique and inspirational speaker.  I have a booth where I sell my paper crafts, wearable art and fiber wear (mostly scarves).  I love the look of the cable knit-seems so complicated but yest SO easy!  If you can knit and perl--you can Cable!

Cast on 16 stitches
The next row is row 1 (wrong side):  Knit 4 stitches, perl 8 and knit the remaining 4*
Row 2:  Knit ACROSS
*Row 3, 5 and 7-repeat row 1
Row 8:  Knit 4 stitches, remove the next 4 stitches to your cable needle and place to the front of your work
knit the next 4 stitches, knit the next 4 stitches from your cable needle and then knit the remaining 4. *

*Repeat this pattern til your scarf measures about 72 inches or the desired length.
END the scarf on the 7th row!!! to have the same pattern on both ends

 This is an easy scarf, only takes me about 2  hours to knit!  Great for those card rides to cross country meets and football games (I even knit during half time!)


and I add fringe (5 sets using 3 strands each)  This color is a beautiful green but looks washed out in this photo.

And I made one using our high school colors teal and black.

Enjoy!
Happy Crafting-Diana

0 comments:

Post a Comment