CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Addicted to Journals

I had a request from a Stamp Camp Participant to teach a Prayer Journal Class.  And am I glad she ashed!

After spending some time I spent some time in my craft room today knocking out a few journals for a November craft show I participate in I've decided these are my new obsession Oh, My--I am addicted to creating journals as you'll can see by the many different styles in the next few posts.

 For this Prayer Journal I used stippled blossoms and Skinny Mini Alphabet in Pool Party and Calypso Coral

1)  Select a Journal that you wish to recover.  It can be a cheap one from the dollar section of your local craft store or a composition notebook if you want one that is larger (on sale at back to school sales of only 50 cents!)  This was a chipboard cover and measured 6 x 6.

2)  Choose your paper(s).  Because the 12 x 12 paper was a tad short I had to trim the front with coordinating Designer Series paper.

3)  I embossed the Pool Paper for some added interest.




4)  I added a ribbon to the spine to use as a book mark.  Be sure to add this before you begin to adhere the paper.

5)  Adhere the paper using stick strip

6)  Stamp the Stippled blossoms using Chocolate Chip and Calypso Coral and Tangerine Tango and Tempting Turquoise.  The leaves were stamped in Old Olive.  Cut out.

7)  I used Skinny Mini Alphabet to stamp the words Prayer Journal in Old Olive.  I cut out the oval using the Oval Framelits and sponged the edges in Chocolate Chip.  I used a clear block that has a guide so I can line the letters up perfectly.  You have to place the letters on the block in REVERSE order...Stamp once to make sure they are lined up to your satisfaction before you stamp on your project.




I think these will make great gifts for my Tuesday Morning Bible study ladies.  
Beautiful!

Happy Crafting!
Diana














0 comments:

Post a Comment