CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Prayer Box

I save all kinds of items thinking that they may come in handy one day for a craft Project.  And I was right!  This is created from a discarded ALTOID Box and I call it my prayer box.

Select paper that coordinates with the exterior of the box
Trace around the box on the WRONG side of the decorative paper and cut out on the OUTSIDE of your traced lines.
Line the Top and bottom of the box with Sticky Strip.  CAREFULLY place your decorative paper on the sticky strip and press out toward the edges.  Trim away any overhang using your paper snips.

For the Prayer Box label I typed the words on a word document using different colors and fonts and printed it out.  Be careful to leave enough room between each row so you can CUT between them, making it easy to use your punch.

For the Interior I typed the verse in Word using different colors and fonts.  I was able top get 6 on a page.
The verse reads 
When your Head Starts to Worry
and your Mind just can't Rest
put your Prayers down on Paper 
and Let God do the Rest
The note pad was purchased at Target in the dollar section.  I have also used post it notes but the correct size and color can be difficult to find,  Another favorite way to create papers is to use the  Label Framelit and cut out of coordinating papers.  


The pencils were purchased at Office Depot and are GOLF pencils.  This was the MOST expensive part of this gift (and I have 249 more!  LOL)

The exterior is decorated with a ribbon.  Trim the outside with Sticky strip and attach.  I secure the "seam" with some Tombow too.  

I'll post other examples! 
 In the mean time...what are you reading this Blog for--Get Craftin!
Diana




2 comments:

Anndrea

What font, color and size did you use for the verse on the inside When your Head Starts to Worry
and your Mind just can't Rest
put your Prayers down on Paper
and Let God do the Rest

Anndrea

What font, color and size did you use for the verse on the inside When your Head Starts to Worry
and your Mind just can't Rest
put your Prayers down on Paper
and Let God do the Rest

Post a Comment