CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Topnote Scarecrow Card

We're making this guy at our next Caring Card Class.  But I don't think he'd scare any crows away...
Cut one 8 1/2 x 11 piece of Very vanilla in half along the short edge (pieces will be 4.25 x 11)
Fold in half and place folded edge slightly below the cutting edge on the TopNote die.  This placement assures you will have an intact card rather than 2 TopNote cuts.
 
Cut a decorative piece of paper using the Top note (this will make 2 hat TOPS) and then cu in half.  To create the "brim of the hat" you'll cut a decorative piece of paper into a 1" strip and then into a 4" length.  I trimmed the edges with a corner punch for a little interest. 
 
The nose was made using the 1" square punch (a scrap of Cherry Cobbler) , cut in half
and the eyes (basic black) were made using the same punch-cut in half and
then in half again to get the smaller triangles.
I used a Basic Grey marker to create the stitching on the eyes and nose and drew on a squiggly mouth.  Googly eyes completed his sweet face.
 
I glued raffia strips behind the hat and then attached the hat to the TopNote base.  THEN i trimmed the raffia to assure I got the look I wanted! 
A Bird punch in More Mustard finished him off!
 
I did not edge the very vanilla TopNote base...but I think I will go back ad add that for some additional interest!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment